• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

seat recover tutorial

65-408

decided to recover the seats for the 65 fastback project next, as it is cold in the garage and I can do this in the basement. I am recovering the stock front and rear seats, along with the fold down. I have new foam and covers for the fronts, a new cover for the rear, and new carpet and trim for the fold down. can someone point me to a good tutorial. also has anyone found a modern replacement for the burlap that was originally used to cover the springs?

any info would be appreciated...

thanks,

jeff

You can get burlap at most fabric stores. You also need a good set of hog ring pliers. When your ready to put the vinyl on, set it in the sun for a few minuets for the heat to soften the material (that will help it stretch.

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
also, don't try to pull the cover on. turn it inside out & starting at the top, roll it on.

I've heard that they pull over a lightweight plastic bag over the seatfoam so the vinyl can be pulled over much easier.??

I have about half a billion hog rings left over from the bag Sanborn sent me, if you need or want more, shoot me an address and I will send along to you. Its not very difficult if you watch how you take them apart, they go back the same way....

Yes, burlap is readily available. Yes plastic bag and a hair dryer to help keep the vinyl soft while you are stretching it into place will be your friends.

Back