• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Selling car with documentation history........vs only old people print shhhh*t

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So I was wondering. When you see these auctions on TV and they show a binder with full documentation of the car, receipts, pics, handwritten ledgers of dates, maintenance it shows the owner took care of not only his car but its history.
Now comes the latest generation that lives and dies with a phone in their hands. Why print stuff? That's for old people. Its all saved....somewhere.

Will there be a cloud history of cars?
Would you just hand over a flash drive and say trust me?

Old people want to know.:mad::mad::mad::p

I still keep all my parts and repair bills for all my cars. But I guess I'm kinda old.

I hate to say it, but I think most younger kids don't even maintain their cars. They just beat the crap out them.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Paper records rule! Ask any archivist.

I still write checks at the grocery store. The clerk says she sees maybe 4 checks all day...sigh

Now that's just funny.....I guess you have cash in your wallet too.
I typically use cash instead of credit cards for items/purchases less than $100 (exception is gas pumps). I don't like to have a CC taken away from my person (e.g. a restaurant), as I have had that card number stolen while it was out of sight. Plus, using cash instead of credit keeps my FICO score as high as it can.

I just started on the third big binder for all the parts and receipts for the 66. The next owner will be reading for months!

I agree, a car's provenance is validated by credible paperwork. By contrast, when I see an ad that includes something like: "I believe the odometer reflects the total actual mileage" I chuckle and think, "Didn't you believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny at one time also?"

My '70 Cougar came with 30+ years of receipts that measured about 3" thick. Solid documentation.

Back