• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shag comes to life.......

I cant wait to see Shag stealthily cruising through the Bay Area, making his way over to the coast. Oh YEAH! :coo

That's all very cool - the videos are great. Nothing like that feeling of the first start up. Can you post a pic of what you started with so we can all see how far you have come? That is going to be one hot fastback. Congrats!

:ecit

"donstang" said:
That's all very cool - the videos are great. Nothing like that feeling of the first start up. Can you post a pic of what you started with so we can all see how far you have come? That is going to be one hot fastback. Congrats!

:ecit

Here's a couple pics when I first bought the block:
IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3126.JPG

Here's a couple pics of when I got it back from the builder:
ClevoE.JPG

ClevoB.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I noticed the 4 bolt main caps and I was under the impression it was a '70 block. My '70 351 Mcode had 2 bolt main caps, but I believe starting in '71 all of the CJ 351's had the 4bolt mains. A nice upgrade.

Congrats Craig! Looks and sounds great. I have to say I cringed when the radiator cap was popped and spewed on your engine bay. Then had to watch the same thing again! Hopefully it cleaned up!

I think Craig just used water for initial start-up. I'm sure he polished the engine as soon as those guys left. :ecit

Back