• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shag's trap door

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
OK, Shag's original door was already hacked up but I didn't have the guts to hack it more so I found another door already hacked up.
Now we have Boston Acoustics 6x9 speakers.

Front view:
4_01_09_10_6_08_21_0.JPG

Rear view: Note wiring of LH speaker wire going through the door innerds over to the RH side:
4_01_09_10_6_08_21_1.JPG

Looks very good... I like the hidden wires.

fyi, if the skin of your other trap door is the only thing hacked up, then I'm pretty sure you can re skin it using a non trap door panel as it's just a plain textured piece of sheet metal with no structure behind it. There's a mounting flange that runs along the bottom, but it is simply spotwelded on and can be removed easily. If you don't want to go through the trouble, then lightly textured matching vinyl glued on also works good...

Did the speakers come with the buckets or are they an aftermarket piece? I'd like to find some of those for my speakers.

Looks nice & clean!

Did you put any kind polyester fill in those pods? Or line the pod walls with anything to help reduce internal reflection?

"cmayna" said:
I was planning to line the pods with a foam or thin layer of fiberglass insulation. No, the pods were bought separately via ebay. KBMWRS turned me onto this for he recently did this to his car as well. The brand name is Metra and ran me less than $20 delivered.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=metra&_kw=6x9&_kw=speaker

I know Mike would be the first to say so but I actually gave Mike my pair of those and he replaced them with an order of his own.

Back