• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sheet metal manufacturers

Johnny M

I am just about to place an order for some sheet metal parts (quarter patches, torque box, trunk corner patches, etc) with CJ pony parts, I asked them was their sheet metal US made or "foreign". They tell me its foreign. Is this the case with all suppliers or am i better buying American made parts.

I don't think you're gonna find much U.S. made sheetmetal.

The Dynacorn stuff seems to pretty good. I have not had any major issues with any the parts I've used.
To my knowledge, most of the patch panels are coming out of Canada.

"Sluggo" said:
I don't think you're gonna find much U.S. made sheetmetal.

The Dynacorn stuff seems to pretty good. I have not had any major issues with any the parts I've used.
To my knowledge, most of the patch panels are coming out of Canada.

Thanks,

Who do you buy your Dynacorn stuff off?

Johnny

Johnny,
Be careful with cj's they are notorious for backorders. I personally dont care for the American designer stuff that is Canadian made. It is usually thicker metal but more crude. I would go for the dynacorn edp coated panels. They arent what I would call great but they are useable with some work. NPD is good if you dont like backorders but they can be more expensive. I like their service and quick delivery times so I tend to use them the most. HTH

I buy my stuff from a local guy. Mustang Mania. Their prices are a little higher than the big guys sometimes, but they are a half hour away and no shipping charge. So it usually washes out.

I'd look at npd if I were you.

Shipping is gonna kill you anywhere you go.

"Sluggo" said:
Shipping is gonna kill you anywhere you go.

yea, shipping will be nasty but trying to find a supplier near Jessup, PA as that is where the container is leaving from.

Back