• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shipping a car...

"AzPete" said:
Well, at least now I have a title and bill of sale with keys to something........gonna start checking all the old Fords I come across.

Stay out of my garage, you twit!

For Sale....Red Fastback Mustang....Shep skin seat covers.....make reasonable offers. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Well, from all indications, my car is on its way from Ca. to Fl. I understand :WP is still chasing the truck down the street......come back car, come back.....

After a bit of persuasion, they met their goal dates for pick up. There is not delivery time set as weather and breakdowns may cause delays. They say 5-8 days so we will see. Looks pretty safe on the truck where it is.

Don't know the route but look for the car if you are out on the highways between here and there. Ya get a picture in transit now and I will owe ya a beer.

John's file on the transport loading...
http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=170;cat=339

Yep. I have 58 pictures of a car I have never seen. Buying one sight unseen but well represented has the emotions going all over the board. I would never have done this the way I did if it wasn't for the members on this board. Great support all the way around.....plus some good joking around.

John has done a great job of documenting the car to me and the transport album is sweet.

"AzPete" said:
Well, from all indications, That what those who boarded the Titantic thought

:WP :WP :WP :WP Is just happy to have the extra Garage space

They say 5-8 weeks so we will see. Looks pretty safe on the truck where it is.They haven't loaded the third level yet

Don't know the route but look for the car.I hear the car will be at SAAC #35 BBQ Ya get a picture in transit now and I will owe ya a beer.

Pete all joking and kidding around aside. You are getting one helluva car!!! I know that you'll be very, very happy with it when it arrives. :10

Sent this:

Just checking on the progress of my Mustang. Called the company number listed and got a message. Left a message for them to call and no reply. Called again, 45 mins. later and still no reply. Evidently not as easy to follow the progress as you say......

Received this within mins...

Sorry about that, I have called and spoke with the driver, your car should be there at your door sometime tomorrow afternoon, and driver will call as he gets closer to your destination.
Give or take even as late as the evening for drop off.

Not bad for a Thurs afternoon pick up. http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php/topic,7726.0.html

Driver is headed for Myrtle Beach for a drop off today, Orlando for a drop in the am, and to me late afternoon.

WooooHooooo!!!!!!

Hmmmmm, interesting....this is the reply I got when inquiring about the status of your car.

car-hauler-carrier-fire.jpg

I have the Garage Majal prepared for the grand entrance of the WaldoExpress.

We will have to de-Kalifornize the car and get it ready for the Florida experience of being driven again........

"AzPete" said:
We will have to de-Kalifornize the car and get it ready for the Florida experience of being driven again........

Did John leave his special cigarettes under the seat again?? :craz

Well it arrived.......a bit more work than I planned.

Those Ca. guys are rough....

21774390030_large.jpg

I must say the transport company was excellent. Timing was within an hour of their predictions. The car is not damaged at all. The guys hauling the car were very professional. It was dirty when it got here but they even delivered in the rain. Unloaded from a steel bed with steel ramps was touchy but they were slow and took it easy. I would recommend them and if needed, I would use them again.

The company name was First Class Auto Transport. 1-800-405-2494. I dealt with John Diaz and Josh Dollar. Both provided good service.

Why isn't it at my garage drying off while we quaff Wattles? Slacker!

Back