• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shure let's close the place, nothing will happen.

Gigantopithecus

I knew it, I f'n knew shit like this would happen. This is what happens when you treat terrorists like shoplifters. And now ole Overlord Hussen Hopenchange wants to close it.

A former Guantanamo Bay inmate is leading the fight against U.S. Marines in the Helmand province of Afghanistan, a senior U.S. defense official confirmed to FOX News on Tuesday.

Mullah Zakir, also known as Abdullah Ghulam Rasoul, surrendered in Mazar-e-Sharif in Northern Afghanistan in 2001, and was transferred to Gitmo in 2006. He was released in late 2007 to Afghan custody.

Zakir was released from Afghan custody around 2008, according to the New York Post. He re-established connections with high-level Taliban leaders in Afghanistan and Pakistan after his second release.

Taliban chief Mullah Omar appointed Zakir in mid-2008 as senior military commander, according to the newspaper.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/07/gitmo-inmate-leading-fight-helmand/?test=latestnews

"Jamie aka Bondo_68" said:
A former Guantanamo Bay inmate is leading the fight against U.S. Marines in the Helmand province of Afghanistan, a senior U.S. defense official confirmed to FOX News on Tuesday.

Mullah Zakir, also known as Abdullah Ghulam Rasoul, surrendered in Mazar-e-Sharif in Northern Afghanistan in 2001, and was transferred to Gitmo in 2006. He was released in late 2007 to Afghan custody.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/07/gitmo-inmate-leading-fight-helmand/?test=latestnews

Another Bush FU "released in 2007"

Cost to house 1 gitmo prisoner for 1 year...about $500,000.
Roughly 250 prisoners there.
Costs $110 million to build, $95 million per year to run x 7 years.
Grand total 900 million just to build the place and house them. That's not counting anything else.

One bulk box of 5.56 nato rounds from cheaperthandirt.com $729.97

Hmmm.....

Why can't there be an "accidental bomb drop" on Gitmo? Wouldn't that take care of the prisoners and closing the place down? Then conservatives and liberals would be able to rejoice together....BIPARTISANSHIP BABY.....and you didn't have to spend a couple trillion for me to come up with that.

"Jamie aka Bondo_68" said:
One bulk box of 5.56 nato rounds from cheaperthandirt.com $729.97

Hmmm.....

I prefer the destructive power of the 7.62 HP or even better the .50 cal. I have lots of both I'd be happy to use..errr, donate.

BarrettM107.jpg

I have a friend that has a semi-auto and the owner of the company I do sales for has the bolt action. He called me up one day and asked if I'd sight it in for him.....and he'd provide all the ammo I'd shoot. Would you believe it took close to a 100 rounds to sight it in :pbj

We shot that beast till I had a metallic tinny taste that just wouldn't go away. If the cows hadn't been so curious, I might still be there :naug

The semi-auto is fantabulous, cycling round after round. You sure don't want to be in the line of that muzzle brake, holy hell that'll stop your heart!

Last edited by a moderator:
.50 cal memories.... ah, the good old days.

The first time I ever fired a .50 cal was strapped to the side door opening of a CH-53D doing about 80 knts and firing 8-10 round bursts at a parachute sized cloth target at a gun range in New Jersey. After we got tired of shooting the parachute, there were some old school buses a few hundred yards downrange that we helped obliterate. Years later, I got to shoot again, but this time at 55 gallon drums bobbing out in the middle of the pacific ocean.

What a freakin' blast!

Last 50 cal. I dealt with was attached to the wing of a T-28 over Thailand, while I was getting a free ride in the back seat way back in '73. Those were some wild "training missions" those pilots flew.

Now, out of the reminisce mode...

Back