• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Side stripe stencils? Who makes the custom ones?

Coupe

So I may do some 66 gt350 side stripes on my 65 fastback but I want them to match my arctic white lemans stripes and am concerned the ones for sale at vendors may not match in color so I am pondering painting them on using stencils.

So, now I am thinking of a custom stripe that reads a bit different than "GT 350" , maybe add a few letters or something to keep it from being a normal clone.

Any ideas on where to get these made? (and what I could call it?)

Not sure what to name it but I know who can cut the stencils.

This guy!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Not sure what to name it but I know who can cut the stencils.

This guy!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Hi Sluggo,
I see from this previous post that you do stencils for painting on stripes. I was considering custom vinyl. What are the pros and cons? How does the stencil process work on the side of a car? I've had the car since it was new and grew to hate the reflective, peeling, chipping stripes. I like the Grabber look but wanted to keep the Mach influence.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, I googled that and now see how the process works. Does anyone have a source that can make Premask Stickers or Stencils?

Any shop should be able to do it but the real issue is finding a shop that knows the right font. That's a real pita.

Back