• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Silicon hoses and t-bolt clamps

68EFIvert

I was sporting some really nifty blue silicon hoses on my car that connect the intake to the blower then to the intake. I got a little tired of those and the new engine has a black theme to it so I purchased some new black silicone hoses with T-bolt stainless clamps. I have a question about the clamps. My old worm clamps were an eye sore so I tried to hide them as much as possible. With t-bolt clamps do you mount them with the bolt mechanism showing or try to hide it? Most people put the bolt on the top but I thought I would get some feedback before I change all of them out this evening. I am leaning towards bolts on the top.

I would put the bolt in a usable, functional location. If you can make like sizes all the same....the better for looks. I hate it when I cannot get a tool on any clamp due to position or if I have to stand on my head to see what I need to. Of course, I drive mine a lot so I lean more toward function.

They're ugly...you should leather wrap them and paint them green...... :)

Oh wait......you wouldn't take that kind of advice from anyone on this forum right? :lol

vibrant_tbolt_clamps[1].jpg

Hey Gents, Are these easy to purchase, I have not seen them here in Australia and I like the look. Keen to see who might import them or do summit have them and is the correct name T bolt clamps.
Cheers.
Medic

Back