• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SilverblueBP?

lethal289

Hey mark, i was just watching your video in the exhaust thread (thats a sweet ride) and i have a question. is you back glass open at the top, or is that just some weird reflection?

Short clip at HPT

The Shelby "R" models had a plexiglass rear window to remove the air from the cabin.
A special Plexiglas rear window was formed which fitted the rear light opening with a two in. gap at the top to
exhaust air from the interior and smooth air flow over the rear body – said to increase the R-models’ top speed by five miles an hour.

yhst-13525187779972_2057_4675137

http://store.cobranda.com/rplrewikit.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Ding, ding, ding....we have a winna!

It cuts down on some weight and helps move air through the car. It's fun when people do a triple take to try and figure it out.

"daveSanborn" said:
Which is the biggest reason I didn't install one on my car. Cool feature, but not very practical on a street car.

Definitely wouldn't want to get caught in the rain!

Yes and..........................yes.

It was never meant to be a daily driver or a rainy day ride. It was meant to spend most of it's time at the track and a little street time. Since I moved back to Kansas and live on 8 miles of gravel, the street time has dropped waaaaaaay off and the track time has gone way up!

and it's garage KING damnit, too much testosterone for it to be a queen :bird

Surely you could have gotten a Burger King crown for that bubba...

"Midlife" said:
Surely you could have gotten a Burger King crown for that bubba...

Closest BK is over an hour away, the price of living in the boonies!

Chalk up another thread detour! From an R model rear window to Burger King.....Hoooo ahhhhhh.

Back