• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Since everyone here loves 69's...

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
135210.jpg

It just screams to be grabber orange...

Is it me or does that hermaphrodite have a 4 inch cowl hood with a cobra jet scoop to boot?

It's gotta be sporting a supra engine.

Oh yeah, that's a great looking 69........in a f'd up homo sort of way. I mean come on, 69's are gay enough to start with, but sheesh :bash

Yeah, starting reassembly this weekend. I have all of the parts except for new valves. Hope to order those today or tomorrow.

I took the heads to a local shop near me last night (Cylinder Head Performance). He took them apart and inspected them. My plan was to determine the feasibility of going with larger valves. Upon inspection he recommened that I don't spend more money on stuff that I've already had done. He would have to put new seats in (which I've already done) and cut the seats for the larger valves & then open the chambers up a bit. He said I would be in the neighborhood of $500 without valves.

He recommended I just stay with the same size valves except go to an undercut valve to pick of some additional airflow (8 to 9%) and save my money towards a better performance set of heads.

So with that all said, I'm going with his advice. Oh, and he said I was not running enough spring pressure so he is setting me up with a shim package as well.

I've got a new CompCams timing set:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-7138/

Also ordered/received my new HV oil pump & shaft, new FP performance gasket rebuild kit, upgraded to the 1-piece oil pan gasket though.

Also ordered a new set of CompCam Pro Magnum Hyd lifters to replace the others, which were probably contaminated.

All of the bearings in the engine look good, no score marks etc. And since they only have 300 or so miles on them I'm keeping them. Crank and cam all look good as well.

So I'm going to put it back to the way it was basically with the exception of a new chain in lieu of gears.

"tarafied1" said:
amazing how this thread went from gay 69's to a purple Sluggo!

yeah and I'm usually the one that detours a thread :wtf

Back