• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Smoked Cheese.........again?

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Started to run out of my smoked cheese, so today did some Jack, mild cheddar & Mozzi using only the AMNPS smoker for the source of heat and smoke. Chamber hovered around 66 degrees. Perfect weather.

utygymym.jpg

ry9u4aza.jpg

AMNPS loaded with Apple pellets:
geduvypa.jpg

Top to bottom, 12 blocks of Jack, 6 blocks of cheddar, 6 blocks of mozzi
peqe2y9e.jpg

All vacuumed up ready to sit in the fridge for a few weeks.
ure9yneh.jpg

Tapayakin' from my iphone

I better do some more again before I run out. You know it has to age and I don't want to run out. Next payday...

That looks awesome Craig!

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

We are finding for our taste that less is more.

I have done it for 3 hours several times and the one I did last the AMNPS went out after 2 and it sat in the smoker for an hour. It was the best batch yet. I doubt I can duplicate it, but am going to try.

I took some pepper jack out that was done 2 months ago and it was pretty awesome. I have got to do some more just to have it on hand. We like it for big get togethers and the next one we have for Carson's blessing on the 23rd will wipe me out, I am sure.

Mel

I picked up a chunk of sharp cheddar and a chunk of asiago and I am going to cold smoke them today using alder (traeger pellets) in my Primo XL grill. Thanks.

I cold smoked the asiago and sharp cheddar on Saturday and they came out good. I think the alder was a little strong for the asiago, will try apple wood next time.

I'll snap a picture of what is left tonight when I get home.

The smoker rack I bought worked great with my Primo XL grill...

They will be better if you vacuum seal them then refrigerate them and let them age.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

"opentrackerSteve" said:
I cold smoked the asiago and sharp cheddar on Saturday and they came out good. I think the alder was a little strong for the asiago, will try apple wood next time.

I'll snap a picture of what is left tonight when I get home.

The smoker rack I bought worked great with my Primo XL grill...

Let it age longer and you will find the alder will be OK. I prefer Pecan so far.

Mel

Back