• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So long ED.

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
This guy who has been low balling me on my fastback since I first listed it for sale last year came over Saturday.

He called me first and said he wanted to make me an offer.

I said OK see you later. I went out to start Ed up since he sat for a long time. I promptly had an electrical fire. I disconnected the battery and tracked down the offending wire and cut it out. Turns out it was an old wire from changing to a one wire alt.

She Jay got there he started right up and ran great. I've been having issues with him like vapor locking and lots of little crap.

So, long story he flashed about $3k more at me and I countered with a grand more and I am down to just Captain America.

Gonna fix the Captain up and sell him too.

Next up in the stable - GT350!

No compromise!

I am sad though.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I must be tried from the travel but damn, Mel, that was hard to follow! Help me understand. You sold the blue fastback? Goal is to get a new GT350?!

Mel:

The markup around here this past weekend on 2017's is $20K over MSRP. $80K plus tax and license seriously challenges the price/value relationship. Hope your local dealer is hungrier!

We are not in a hurry. We will wait for the perfect deal.

Mel

Please, please, please buy an R model...and then invite me out for a track day!
Probably not the R since they delete AC and where we live we need that. I also like my tunes.

We discussed ordering one in 2017 so we would have a 67 and 17. 50 year spread.

If not for the 5.2 vs the 5.0 I would be OK with a GT but I've just got to have a 5.2 8000 rpm power plant!

Mel

When I stopped at the stealership were we bought the Edge both GT350R were gone. Yes there were 2 on the sales floor when we made the deal for the Edge. One was shipped to NY and the other went down to San Diego. They still had 4 plain 'ol regular GT350 on the floor. I also like the concept of 1967 and 2017, but not really feeling the love for the '17 model year. So I will hold on to my 2007.

fd

Mel:

The markup around here this past weekend on 2017's is $20K over MSRP. $80K plus tax and license seriously challenges the price/value relationship. Hope your local dealer is hungrier!
Ive lurked on cargurus.com for a '16-17 GT350 and there are over 700 available nationwide. Of that number, four are great deals ($6-7000 off MSRP) selling for well under $60k and under 1000 miles !!

Last edited:
The closest dealership to my house has deposits on their entire allocation until 2018.

Back