• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Some progress over the weekend

steveh326

now that my shell is in the paint shop it was time to turn to the motor. before and after. gonna throw in a new set of lifters before bolting down the intake for good, as one was slow to pump up for some reason. decided to update the 50 year old distributor too while I was at it, ordered from Summit yesterday should be here this week. this motor looked bad but only has a few miles on it, it was a crate motor from years ago right before I took the car off the road to redo it. been sitting around in the shop but still turns over fine. fire suppression foam from the shop fire made it look worse than it was.

after pic was just a mock up, what you can't see real well is the paint bubbling and lifting... after the 'after' pic I had to strip it all back off and redo it, but 2nd time was the charm. Seemed to be a reaction between the old blue paint and the new paint, even tho they were both duplicolor. May have beena reaction from the fire suppression foam too, I don't know. color is duplicolor burnt orange metallic, it should tie into one of the body colors pretty nice, at least that is my plan.

Attachments

• IMG_4543.JPG
    IMG_4543.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4545.JPG
    IMG_4545.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 35
Back