• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Source for getting stainless trim refurbished/polished?

steveh326

I've got the stainless windshield trim pulled off the convertible in prep for paint. There are a couple small dings and a scratch that need to be worked out, and everything needs polished due to damage from the fire. Does anyone know of a place i can ship my parts to to get them spruced up? I tried using the buffers I have and while improved, they are not acceptable yet and I think they need professional help. Would rather refurb the originals instead of replace with repro parts if possible.

thanks guys I am about 40 miles west of baltimore. made some more calls since posting this earlier, and found

http://www.bluemountainmetalfinishing.com/

and talked to Luther there, really great to deal with so far, got my parts boxed up and ready to send up to him so I think I'm good for now.

one step closer !

I'm curious what they charge. I can do it but don't like to.

I actually had a great time hammering out some dents and then polishing/buffing the trim on my 68.

for you guys who want to do it yourself, if you put a carriage bolt in a drill press, you can press the dents out. grind the bolt heads to contour, along with a wood block shaped to fit on the reverse side for support.

Back