• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"Stance help for me too" says Shag

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Looking at the pic below, do we chop the front coils a tad or raise the rear end? Center of front fenders to ground is 25.25" whereas rear fenders are 24.50". Currently we have 620's coils up front and 4.5 leaf mideye's in back. I'm actually leaning towards raising the back end from 4.5 mids to 4.5 standards. With all the liquor we haul to the mustangs meets......what choice do I really have?

4_28_09_10_6_17_00_0.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Drop the front and get those overload coils for the rear that Kat took off Gertrude some time back.

I just remembered....I can return these to there home....Shag might like them back....
ValveCover003.jpg

Your cheapest alternative is to shave the front coils some.

But with your car, I lean towards raising the back a little bit. And a taller tire back there would help too.

Ah, rear end definitely needs to be elevated a tad! Nice stang!! (simpler said than done right!! :cry)
dne'

These kind of decisions could drive someone BATTY! :craz

I know, take a floor jack, jack it up the way you'd like it, take the jack out of the photo via photowhatever it's called, and look at it then! We need to really invent adjustable springs!

Yours sits much like mine. In fact, it probably sits exactly like mine which has .620 coils up front and 4.5 mid-eye leafs in the rear. I'm planning on cutting my coils a hair in the future to even out the stance, so it would make sense for me to suggest the same to you. I don't like gaps in between the fender and tire.

I would cut a 1/4 coil and then look at it again. It probably won't be enough and you will have to cut another 1/4 and they you will have the stance nailed IMO.

"Opentracker" said:
I would lower the front to even the car out, but that's just me. I like 'em low.
+1 ... here's mine, about an inch lower than the very top of the tires on both the front and rear... Also without the lower rocker moldings it give more of a lowered look too.
SummerNats_DrivingIn.jpg

I say lower the front also. If you decide to raise the rear i think 5 leaf mideyes would nail it.

Back