• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Stock Steel Wheels

midpack

I have a crapload of stock steel wheels... 13", 14". All need a new home. anyone interested? (before I turn them in for scrap $$)

I'm looking for one 14" with an Aug., Sep, or Oct '65 date code. If you've got one please shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

THE NUMBER IS ON THE HUB CAP SIDE HALFWAY BETWEEN 2 LUG NUT HOLES. i'VE ATTACHED A BAD PHONE PHOTO OF THE NUMBER ON MY SPARE. THANKS, CHUCK

Attachments

• IMG_0698[1].JPG
    IMG_0698[1].JPG
    571.1 KB · Views: 51
Ok. Cool. Thanks. Im out of town but when I get home I will look ar my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carlizard" said:
THE NUMBER IS ON THE HUB CAP SIDE HALFWAY BETWEEN 2 LUG NUT HOLES. i'VE ATTACHED A BAD PHONE PHOTO OF THE NUMBER ON MY SPARE. THANKS, CHUCK
OK, I have what looks like 4MF on one. the others are;

8MH
8MG
7MH
K-H
0MF
7ME
6WD

at least as near as I can tell. what do the codes mean?

"K-H" is for Kelsey Hayes. They were a prime supplier of steel wheels for Ford. The others are manufacturing date codes. The numeral indicates year. The first letter is usually month and IIRC the second letter is possibly shift. I was hoping for a 5H, 5J or 5K. Thanks for checking them though.

I was looking for 4 4MG. That means: 4=year of 1964; M stands for Motor Wheel Corp. So the 4MG would be July 1964.

Back