• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

stud to eye adapter

Look at McMaster-Carr. You'll find the ends and it will tell you the inside thread & size.

"silverblueBP" said:
Look at McMaster-Carr. You'll find the ends and it will tell you the inside thread & size.

I need the shock stud size and pitch... then I can find the right rod end.

Bill

I believe the shock stud is a 3/8" fine thread. I think you'll have to shorten the stud on the shock a bit. It might work best to have the rod end but up against the shock body.

"Opentracker" said:
I believe the shock stud is a 3/8" fine thread. I think you'll have to shorten the stud on the shock a bit. It might work best to have the rod end but up against the shock body.

Wouldn't that make it too short to butt it up... I think that would be alot better. It would be tedious to try and locate a 10.75 inch compressed shock with the 6.5 travel with a stud up top and eye at the bottom, but it would the best way.

Bill

The problem is I have no idea what I need other than length and stroke. Rebound rate and all that other jazz has me lost. Might be a ton easier just to box the eye mount and drill it out to accept the stud lol... actually that would probably be a ton easier.

Bill

Back