• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

T-5 Conversion, Hydraulic Clutch Conversion Kit, Which one???

"Shaun" said:
What do you get in the kit for $235?

The Master Cylinder, all the lever/bracketry for the pushrod to clutch pedal connection, rubber hose and reservoir. The first link to the ModernDriveline Hydraulics has a picture of everything that comes in the kit for the $235. An extra $40 will get you a 24" braided hydraulic hose, and I was quoted roughly $360 for the hydraulic throwout bearing (for my T56).

"buening" said:
The Master Cylinder, all the lever/bracketry for the pushrod to clutch pedal connection, rubber hose and reservoir. The first link to the ModernDriveline Hydraulics has a picture of everything that comes in the kit for the $235. An extra $40 will get you a 24" braided hydraulic hose, and I was quoted roughly $360 for the hydraulic throwout bearing (for my T56).

Not bad! Saves a bunch of time trying to figure out angles/lengths etc. crammed under the dash in the fetal position!

I can understand wanting to only sell the bracket in kits. You're not only buying the bracket, you're buying all the time and effort that went into designing and testing. If he only sold the bracket he'd loose out on a larger sale.

Bruce runs a good honest business, and I assume he wants to stay above water in these tough economic times, and $235 for the bracket, MC, reservoir and hardware seems like a fair price to me.

Both of mine came from JMC which is now out of business. I guess I should look at them and see what they are so I can see if I can get parts.

I like them and the pedal is nice! just like it should be. The 65 is on the lift, I think I'll take a pic or two!

Mel

Back