• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

T56 question

David67

I have a friend that totalled his 03 cobra. He got hit on the passenger side rear quarter panel and has decided to part out the car. He asked if I wanted the transmission, so he going to give it to me at a very good price. I was wondering would it fit with a different bellhousing with my 302? I know he has a mod motor so I don't know if it would fit.

You can do it without hacking you body but it will take some work and fabrication. You will need to either cut the trans tunnel or drop the engine down by using drop motor mounts. I purchased mine from ronmorrisperformance.com. You will also need to fabricate a tran crossmember or buy one from rmp. Here is a thread I started over on VMF when I put in my T56.

For the Cobra T56 you will need to get a bell housing from Quicktime to bolt the engine in. They run over $400.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/mod-custom-forum/588665-started-my-t56-conversion.html

Back