• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tall Steel Valve Covers

janschutz

Corn Hauler
I am keeping my wife's 68 coupe looking stock. I would like to add roller rockers but need taller valve covers. Does anyone make tall steel "Powered By Ford" valve covers?

Does anyone know if they will fit with a stock air cleaner and a heat riser tube?

I'm doubting the fit with a stock air cleaner but am not 100% positive on that. I'm running a much smaller air cleaner. Space your covers up about 1/2" and see what happens. Another thing to consider is most tall covers are more squared at the top vs. the "rounded top" covers. This will hinder the clearance also because you'll have a taller edge.

Why roller rockers? Unless you've done some significant work to the engine (roller cam, etc.) and are trying to squeeze out every last bit of H.P. they really aren't necessary. On a driver type car you're not going to see any benefit. There are lots of other areas you could spend the money and actually see/enjoy the results.

Back