• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

TCP Billet pedal covers

pnandy

i got a set of TCP pedal covers for a good price awhile back and just wanted to know if i have to do anything special when installing them besides drilling through the old ones ( like taking off padding or adding material inbetween pedal and tcp cover) thanks for the help in advance

Nope, the brake and clutch pedal covers mount by screwing right onto the flat metal surface of the factory pedals. The TCP gas pedal cover attaches (with screws) to the existing hard rubber factory pedal.

(If PhotoBucket was not undergoing some kind of routine maintenance, I could show you a picture... maybe later/tomorrow)

i've never really looked and can't right now cuz im at work but do i have to remove covers from the clutch and brake to get to the metal surface if so how do i do this and also how do i remove the accelerator pedal.

By the way how do you like the TCP pedals over the stock ones?

I love the look of them and i was able to get some that don't have the TCP logo on them

The brake and clutch rubber pedal covers will need to be removed. It's a simple thing to do. The rubber pads have a lip that wraps around the backside of the metal pedal. You just need to "peel" the rubber pad off of the pedal. They'll come off/go on very easily.

The TCP pedal covers mount directly to the flat metal surface of the brake/clutch pedal.

The TCP gas pedal cover mounts right on top of the existing gas pedal. You won't have to remove the gas pedal if you don't want to. You can install the pedal cover with gas pedal in place.

Here are a couple pictures I took for a different purpose, but you can see the pedal covers installed. These covers are the Shelby Signature Series covers that are no longer available, but I believe them to be an exact match of the TCP covers.

If you look carefully, you can see the flat metal portion of the brake/clutch pedal through the holes in the covers. You can also see the screws holding the covers onto the pedals.

Looking at the gas pedal cover, you can see the factory gas pedal through the holes of the pedal cover.

I like the pedal covers. Even though they're not soft rubber, your foot still sticks to the pedal and there are no issues with using them.

0092.jpg

0082.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well maybe this weekend i'll get around to it and the new steering wheel and i'll post my before and after pics that are freakin amazing b/c of the pos homemade center console that was already in there that i took out awhile back

Back