• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Temp probe for e-fan

tarafied1

So Fast68back has inspired me to hook up a relay and thermal switch on my e-fan. I wanted a thermal switch that went into intake but my local parts places didn't have a generic one. We looked thru the ones they had but couldn't find anything that would work. :cry They did have the temperature probe you stick in the radiator. I bought it, it comes on at 185 and off at 165. Anybody use those?

I can't really help you, but I know somebody that would be ideally suited for testing the probe insertion...

"Midlife" said:
I can't really help you, but I know somebody that would be ideally suited for testing the probe insertion...
ah, thanks but I don't want any thermally transmitted diseases

I wanted one that went in the radiator, but the drain cock hole was an odd thread and size. I could not find an adapter that would allow proper insertion into the radiator hole. I guess you could say my probe was too big for the hole...

So I ended up installing the probe in the T-stat housing. And I think me temp range is the same as yours.

It works perfectly, kicks on and off at the correct set point temps for the thermometer on the radiator cap.

cool, thanks. Mine is a probe that will externally fit in the fins. I wanted something like what you have that could thread into the intake or thermostat housing. I'll install it this weekend and snap some pics.

The one that came with my fan setup looks like this one Markstang posted. Still tryin to determine where/how to mount it. Its weird that it has the rheostat, but nothing to indicate the temp

DSC_0015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fast68back" said:
The one that came with my fan setup looks like this one Markstang posted. Still tryin to determine where/how to mount it. Its weird that it has the rheostat, but nothing to indicate the temp

DSC_0015.jpg
Mine is not adustable, no rheostat. It's preset but I hope it works right. I have had issues sitting in traffic with the underdrive pulley turning the water pump and ALT too slow so I put the stock crank pulley back on and now when I get this installed I hope it will be fine in stopped traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back