• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

testing colors again

Just paint the damn thing already...... :hide

Now, with that off my chest, is the black a gloss or flat. Looks flat to me in that picture. I would like it better in gloss and maybe a flat black scoop. I have always liked the two tone paints long before Foose was doing them.

Would the upkeep on the 30% black be normal waxing/polishing or would it be more like the flats and hang on to any wax that got near it?

I think you'll regret it in a few years when the Foose two-tone isn't trendy anymore. Of course, you run a body shop so I guess that really doesn't matter. The factory Mach 1 paint scheme is classic, timeless, and gets my vote...especially in black jade.

"AzPete" said:
Would the upkeep on the 30% black be normal waxing/polishing or would it be more like the flats and hang on to any wax that got near it?
Upkeep will be minimal as it will be basecoat with a semigloss clearcoat.

"monkeystash" said:
I think you'll regret it in a few years when the Foose two-tone isn't trendy anymore. Of course, you run a body shop so I guess that really doesn't matter. The factory Mach 1 paint scheme is classic, timeless, and gets my vote...especially in black jade.
+1
Don't like the two-tone on the body lines. Looks much better with the standard Mach I paint scheme.

this one looks good too
72_03_04_09_4_27_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats very nice Tarafied! However, whatever the owner wants his/her colors to be is ultimately his/her decision whether we like it or not. With Sluggo doing it, I'm sure it will be AWESOME! :pep
dne'

"tarafied1" said:
this one looks good too
72_03_04_09_4_27_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sluggo" said:
How dis look?

If the 2 tone "Foose style" paint jobs are out of style, I still think they look great. However, are you definitely going with a yellow tone?

"garner67" said:
If the 2 tone "Foose style" paint jobs are out of style, I still think they look great. However, are you definitely going with a yellow tone?

Well.....I was til' you planted the seed again :headac

Back