• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The ***"Official"*** StangFix Drag car

"Sluggo" said:
I have a pair of new repro hinges off the Boss. Pretty sure they fit 67/68 also.
I might have found some, I'll let you know if that falls through. The guy is looking thru his stuff this week for me. Thanks!!!

I dont have much laying around anymore. I do know that I have my old upper and lower control arms (originals, 53K miles) and an engine cross member. I have a couple timing covers from late model blocks (no fuel pump opening). I'll rummage around this weekend and see if I can find anything else.

"Fast68back" said:
I dont have much laying around anymore. I do know that I have my old upper and lower control arms (originals, 53K miles) and an engine cross member. I have a couple timing covers from late model blocks (no fuel pump opening). I'll rummage around this weekend and see if I can find anything else.
thanks guys, the support is overwhelming!

Craig, I have 20-25 Stainless steel bolts like the ones in my engine bay. They are just not polished out like mine. They are yours If you want them.

ABEngine07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"tarafied1" said:
BTW that looks great, I bet your excited about the wedding!
Yes we are, We have a house full of people and are tripping over luggage and boxes. I think everyone is ready for this to be done.

I have an export brace, most parts to a 68 collapsable steering column, hood hinges, repo taillight panel, one repo outer wheelhouse, a wiper reservoir, misc seat belts, engine brackets and pulleys, etc.

Craig, I also found a C4 157 tooth Bell Housing Block Plate and a passenger side motor mount. Do you need them.

"Fast68back" said:
I just remembered I have a roll of stainless brake line, if you can flare it, you can have it.....
cool, I have a double flair kit but never did stainless, heard it is PIA. If you and John save up enough stuff we can work out shipping it.
"sigtauenus" said:
I have an export brace, most parts to a 68 collapsable steering column, hood hinges, repo taillight panel, one repo outer wheelhouse, a wiper reservoir, misc seat belts, engine brackets and pulleys, etc.
I could use the export brace, the hood hinges (maybe), the collapsible column would be nice but then I'd need a steering gear box also. I don't think I need the wheel house or tail panel. I'm not going to have wipers either. I did get seat belts in the box of stuff I bought from James so I don't need those. The 351W is complete and running so I think I'm good on pulleys and stuff.
Thanks
"janschutz" said:
Craig, I also found a C4 157 tooth Bell Housing Block Plate and a passenger side motor mount. Do you need them.
I'll need the motor mount, I think I can use the motor plate that's on the 351W

Craig, you realize we are not so much helping you as we are getting in good graces with our SWMBO's by cleaning out our garages......

"Fast68back" said:
Craig, you realize we are not so much helping you as we are getting in good graces with our SWMBO's by cleaning out our garages......
well in that case let me help you guys out!!!

seriously though, I can't believe all the offers. This thing was just a joke a few months ago. My wife finally gave in to my whimpering. She is not fully convinced this is a good idea. I think money concerns her but I'm determined to keep this on a tight budget. Couldn't do it with out all the help here.
Costs so far, POS was free but spent about $300 to go get it, $150 for a pile of parts including left fender from James, $500 for this car and split cost to get it with my dad so maybe $150 to go get it. I traded about $2,000 in stuff (devalued lets say 50%) so $1000. I have lots of other stuff collected but no idea the cost so I won't add that. That puts me at $2100. I'm hoping to keep it under $5,000. Am I being realistic?

With Craig's blessing and a general consensus from the staff members, this project has the greenlight to become a group project.

There are a couple of generous offers of help/materials on the table that can't be elaborated on at the moment.

Who among us might be willing to do some hands on time with this project?

Craig, I have just about everything from the 67 parts car behind my barn. Everything that hasn't rusted away that is. Let me know what you are looking for...
Picture392.jpg

Craig, I think I have an extra G-Force 6pt camlock harness, new never used. It's a pull down lap belt where you tighten it by pulling into your crotch instead of away. If you want it, it's yours.

Back