• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The sky is GO

Opentracker

We have a big fire going on just north of us. The sky is GO, it stinks of smoke and it's snowing ash. I feel sorry for the car guys in the Concors d'Elecance this weekend at Pebble Beach. I don't think the guys at the Laguna Seca Historics races will care all that much but it sure makes it hard to keep the show car clean. We are in no danger here, it would have to jump the Monterey Bay to get to us. At this point it's at 4,100 acres and 2,500 people have been evacuated.

Here is a link to our local news if you want to see some photos. All we need now is a good earthquake to make it a real fun weekend.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/index.html

Sounds good to me. We had a big fire near us last year and it did the same thing with the ash, smoke and GO sky. With the lack of rain the brush is supper dry and goes up quick. The area of the fire is steep mountains and no way to get to it other than from the air. They are only working to keep the buildings safe at this point. The weather report says "patchy smoke" for the next 4 days. Doup, no sheet shurlock.

There I was couple days ago along Empire grade road with my good ole bong, Mr. Sparky when suddenly a gust of wind came along and I quickly left the scene. Had I known that I might have left my signature.......

So far zero % contained. John we better meet in Moss Landing soon for lunch before it is wiped out.

Back