1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

thinking about new tank with in-tank efi pump

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain/Mechanical' started by steveh326, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

I have spares on hand for stuff you can't typically find locally. Pertronix board is another example. Also a readily available starter solenoid and ignition switch but small stuff on hand is better than having to Uber across town! Not only do I never want to have to pay a huge towing bill...my car should never face the shame of needing rescued! Leave that to the Chevy guys.

2. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

Well Terry, not all of have built our cars two or more times and have 3 of everything in our garage.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

3. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

One could say if you build it right the first time, it should run forever. I wouldn't say that, but one could.

RapidRabbit likes this.
  4. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

I fully expect mine to run for a very long time without issue. That's why I try to only buy the best stuff I can afford but even the best parts fail prematurely. And Pat, the spare parts I have for long road trips are bought just for that. A few hundred bucks worth of peace of mind. The "extra" stuff from all my reboots stay at home. Can't really haul back up engines and transmissions in a little mustang!

5. Mach1 Driver

Mach1 Driver Active Member

FYI, Aeromotive said the following in an email:
    The Stealth Tanks are stamped steel and painted silver on the outside. I do not believe the 69 Mustang tank has a drain plug, though draining the tank will be straight forward using the pump and the return line off the regulator if need be.