• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

This dude is awesome

"AzPete" said:
We got scolded on the "other" site........ :cry :bird

Mna, did you ever. What's with the pompous attitude. That was pretty crappy. Excuse f!@&'n me!

I'm surprised it hasn't been locked, seems to be happening more and more.

My last comment on there...

"The funny thing is, no-one here said what was done was right....just commented about buying a person a beer.

I have had family members that attempted suicide. I had a good friend that followed thru. To me, there is no attempt. Either you take yourself out and be done with life or you pussy foot around and gain a ton of attention for you own pity party. I actually have more respect for one who does than one who tries. Notice I am not discussing the religious side of that action either.

And religion brought into another thread on a board where it is not to be done unless you are the right one. Do as I say, not as I do....nice Christian following.....

Don't judge one persons religious beliefs from one, three word statement."

Not to mention we're talking communist China. If you aren't good for the state, you're not good for anything.

I have no respect for anyone who attempts or successfully commits suicide. It's a cowards way out. You'd rather die than deal with life being unfair or painful. One of my best friends did this. He wouldn't get medical treatment or even go on a diet. I found out the reason behind his decision was heart disease. Instead of fighting to live, he took the easy road.

My comment concerning respect is only a comparison between the two things I mentioned, one attempting compared to one attempting. I agree with no respect for either overall.

Well, gee, that sure calmed me down....of course, being of the religious description given to me, I really should get more excited/pissed....

I think its comical and pathetic the way some you guys go over to the "other site" and stir things and people up only to come back here and brag and strut around about it. I can never tell which side of your face you are speaking from when you post. And if you really had someone close to you that has committed suicide would you really respect them more then the person that tried to kill him self? That person not knowing why he felt the way he did only that he was depressed and couldn't think clearly because he had a chemical imbalance that was impairing his judgment. I for one am glad that my grandfather who was a decorated WW11 veteran Who was tougher and more honorable then most people will ever be, had a second chance at life when he tried to kill himself by cutting his jugular vein in his garage and his wife came home from shopping to find him nearly dead. Once he recovered and they figured out what was wrong he was back to his self again.That was 5 years ago, We just had to bury that man 2 weeks ago, At 89 his heart gave out on him while he was peacefully sleeping. I sure do respect that man!

Like everything, there are two sides. Now, say for example your grandfather was in the hospital and you were rushing there to be with him in his last few minutes, only you got held up because some yahoo decided to stand on that bridge and the cops had shut down the road, what then? There was something wrong with your grandfather as you stated, but he did it in his garage. It was a cry for help with that dude standing on the bridge. He got a second chance as well, hopefully he makes the best of it.

I'm also sorry for your loss. I lost all my grandparents before I was a freshman in HS, so be grateful for the time you did have.

Feel what you want about me and the statement I made. I am not going any more into who in my family did what or why. Go ahead and judge me on this, a few comments on a web site, if you so desire.

"trialsguy" said:
I think its comical and pathetic the way some you guys go over to the "other site" and stir things and people up only to come back here and brag and strut around about it. I can never tell which side of your face you are speaking from when you post. And if you really had someone close to you that has committed suicide would you really respect them more then the person that tried to kill him self? That person not knowing why he felt the way he did only that he was depressed and couldn't think clearly because he had a chemical imbalance that was impairing his judgment. I for one am glad that my grandfather who was a decorated WW11 veteran Who was tougher and more honorable then most people will ever be, had a second chance at life when he tried to kill himself by cutting his jugular vein in his garage and his wife came home from shopping to find him nearly dead. Once he recovered and they figured out what was wrong he was back to his self again.That was 5 years ago, We just had to bury that man 2 weeks ago, At 89 his heart gave out on him while he was peacefully sleeping. I sure do respect that man!

I wouldn't say anyone here is "posting and strutting". Too bad if you feel that way. For the record, I do not think suicide is anything to laugh about. None of us knows what anyone goes through. The post would never have been made if it was a suicide. I'm not gonna go into any detail either about who knows what about suicide. Basically, you can put my name under Pete's reply. With that being said, I'm truly sorry for your loss and yes, your decorated WWII vet grandfather WAS AND STILL IS an honorable and tough man. And to you and your family, thank you for the sacrifice.

For the sake of respect and nobody getting upset over here, I'm going to ask that if anyone takes anything personal, please PT the "offending" poster" or let me know of a situation. Hell, I'll PT anybody about anything I don't care. We're going to keep this place laid back.

Duane

AzPete I wasn't trying to judge you, and I wouldn't judge a person for a Internet comment, nobody can say what surrounds a person and what goes on in their private life. I was just offering a different view to the situation. I may have come across as though I was judging you, If so I am sorry. I try not to let my emotions transfer to the key board, but yesterday was emotional for me I guess after standing over his grave.

Back