• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

This weekend's Smoke-a-thon

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
What exhausting work. Spent the entire weekend smoking a whole bunch of stuff. Had lots of fresh salmon that the wife had caught which needed smoking as well as her fishing buddy Jimmy had run out of his salmon snacks so he gave me over 15 pounds worth to smoke.

Then there was more.....

Jerky taking a bath in the brine
6uny8yqe.jpg

Jerky air drying
aqedy9uh.jpg

Jerky going Into the dehydrator for 6 hours after spending two hours in the smoker
9etahu8e.jpg

In goes salmon nuggets for 2+ hours, after the jerky came out.
2ajy2y6y.jpg

Meanwhile masterbuilt gasser smoking jack and cheddar cheese and butter using only the ANMPS with Hickory pellets for heat & smoke. The propane tank was not used, just set up for the gasser's next task.
zy5egeva.jpg

Meanwhile meatloaf on a maple plank waiting to go into the gasser once the cheese and butter comes out. Will reside inside for 2.5 hours or an IT of 160*
a7u8umam.jpg

Finish products
e2e2uhed.jpg

etujyqyb.jpg

emyny6aq.jpg

3use7ysa.jpg

ve7a4y5u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And some may ask what the Mrs was doing yesterday while I was slaving over the smokers?

Duh!
y2u7upav.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Craig, you can send me the usual samples. O0. When you use the ANMPS what temp are you smoking and the cheese at?

It will vary depending on what time of day. I have picked some of the warmest days recently for this, thus in the shade and using pans of ice inside to keep the temp down to around mid 70's. Without the ice, I would see temps of around later 80, early 90's.

This temp issue is more important for the buttah' as compared to cheese. Note the Teflon matt materials the butter and cheese are sitting on.

Back