• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

thought it may have been a deal :(

Dne'

I"m always on the lookout for a deal, as I'm sure many of you are! This one popped up and I thought, maybe be great for a daily driver, maybe put a little money into it, but photos hide everything! It was pretty much a plain jane with a 6cyl/C4, non ps/pb. it ran ok, shifted ok, brakes stopped well for manual brakes, no pulling to the left or right. Could be driven as a daily driver, but the restoration part of me starts adding things up to be repaired! Rust at the base of the rear window, of course floor pans, carpet was installed poorly, headliner torn around light(original I think), when I shut the drivers door~ rust fell from up above onto my left foot (cowls) (oh oh), the instrument bezels are old. But the roof looked really good!! Well, back to sandblasting my roof~

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1985564303.html

"Dne'" said:
but photos hide everything!

Yeah, they sure do!

I went and looked a month or so ago at a '79 Camaro with T-Tops that was for sale...looked pretty good in the pictures. But when I got there it needed floor pans repaired if not replaced completely, the guy had thrown a very cheap paint job on it that I am not even certain he sanded it down first because it was already bubbling through in the quarters and the underside of the hood looked like someone had literally painted over dirt, the motor had an obvious leak of something on the front corner of the intake, etc, etc. Needless to say I took a pass on that one...didn't even bother to ask for a test drive.

Back