• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tilt column in 70 Mustang?

"miketyler" said:
Sorry for the late response, been busy with life in general. I did notice this OEM tilt unit on eBay with BIN of $550. Someone wanting to avoid the time and labor could cut to the chase with this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AUS%3A1123

Sold, appeared to be a good deal. I noticed that the Rag joint coupling was missing. Thought that was unique to the tilt, wonder how the purchaser is going to solve it.

A strategy may be to look for the 71 Merc rag joint since it's the same. You could get by with the upper half.

The same deal goes on the little plastic turn signal switch cover that is commonly missing. I know a guy that specializes in Continental parts (not the guy I got my column from) and he sells original doors for $10/ea. They are the same PN as the Mustangs use. Some dealers will ask $50-$100 for this same part. Dont be taken in.

Just noticed CJ's has the 70 tilt switch in their overstock listing for $69 shipped. Not a bad price for new part. The hazard switch is later model and to look correct, you need to swap for round one.

TSW8.jpg

Back