• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Time on the track

JeffTepper

This past Wednesday, Diane's Uncle Tony invited her to bring her '21 Mach 1 up for some hot laps at a private event on the 3 mile track at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, CA. I was fortunate to come along as the "riding mechanic". The initial excitement was tempered by sheer panic!!! Uncle Tony took her out in his 750 hp ZR1 Corvette track car and showed her the ropes. Yes, there was some screaming involved. As she built confidence in her car and herself, as well as familiarity with the track and track etiquette, her lap speeds did increase. By the end of the day she was handily hitting the Century mark on the front straight. The "Track Mode" feature on the Mach 1 is remarkable. I think it is safe to say she is hooked !!! We did have a GoPro on the windshield and I will post a link to some video once it is uploaded.

Now come the...I need more....tires....handling....power....
The Mach 1 is running Michelin Pilot Sport 4S street tires with only 3K miles on them so we should be able to get a few weekends out of them before needing replacements !!! As for the driveline, the car comes equipped with engine oil, transmission, and differential coolers that proved capable of dissipaiting the heat of competition, the Brembo brakes really scrubbed off speed when needed, and the Magnetorheological shocks helped keep the car planted in the corners. Even then, we may end up earning "Frequent Flyer" miles at Street or Track LLC and Opentracker as the envelope is pushed.........!

Back