• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Transmission adapter

66gt350

I'm having to yank out my TKO this winter to do some work to her. Need to replace some parts that couldn't handle stress. When we rebuilt the t-5 from Sabrina's old mustang, we just had it sitting on the bench. But that was a pain, since it's not flat on the bottom and it kept wanting to rock back and forth. Is there an adapter to attach it to an engine stand? IIRC, I saw one a long time ago, but unsure if it was a homemade adapter...

thanks

When I did my toploader last winter, I just used 4x2 blocks to keep it from rolling.

I made one each for both my T5 and M21 rebuilds... It worked great to stand the transmision on end, or lay it down in any direction.
Easy to clamp down or screw to a work bench if you don't want it to move around while checking clearances and such. Also works as a great stand for storage until you're ready to install it too. Just make sure the side walls extend far enough out to clear the length of the input shaft.

Basically a 2x12 base with 3/4 plywood sides and mounting plate.

trans_cradle.jpg

Back