• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Trunk battery cable routing

"Jonk67" said:
I went back to lookin' and the Coupe has a boxed area the rear wheel well that the fastbacks don't apparently comparing my pic to Mark's above (thanks Mark and Kat for the pics). I can't get to the cable from when it leaves the little space below the window down area to where the trunk meets so I can't fasten it well and it wants to lay in the crevis where the inner fender well meets the outer and am afraid it'll get cut when I have body work done or get pinched by metal flex. Also my battery will be forward of where Mark and Kats are so the wire would have to reverse back to get to the battery. I think the route on the floor on my pic above is the shortest/easiest/safest I can do.

Here's the boxed in area on the Coupe from side and rear:

IMG_1674.jpg

My coupe has that smae structure, but I was still able to run the wire there by using a plumbers snake to get it around the area and then pull the cable through. I also ran it through old garden hose for protection. Couldn't secure it as nicely as :Mark, but there is nothing there to injure it.

Back