• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Trunk lid weather stripping install

Back to the subject........What color 3m adhesive? Black or Yellow. I used Yellow throughout Red with great results but if black is as good I might consider using it this time.

CAUTION: once you go black you never go back... I used it on my weather stripping and all is good.
sc018.gif

Why the difference between coupe and fb weather stripping? Does one do better than the other?

"AzPete" said:
Why the difference between coupe and fb weather stripping? Does one do better than the other?

The difference in the trunk lid maybe? The coupe lays flatter than the FB trunklid.

What I've done on Red's trunk lid and doors while off the car was to apply a coat to each WS and door. Let them dry. Then apply another coat to the door and applied it. Not the easiest method but the WS sticks very well.

This is the correct procedure for applying the weatherstrip.

What I don't understand is how 98% of the people applying weatherstrip do not follow this procedure. It's clearly explained within the instructions on the tube. When applied according to the directions, there is no need for "tape" or "cat food cans" as the bond is instantaneous.

It's usually not that big of a deal when working on a removed deck lid, but when you're installing the door weatherstrip it makes a big difference to have the WS permanently bond in less than a second so that you don't make a mess of things.

Back