• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tuesday Craigslist

1972 Convertible

I am the 2nd owner since 1986 of this very rare and original Cobra Jet (Q-CODE) Mustang Convertible !!!

FACTORY BASE PRICE INCLUDED

2 Door Convertible 8 Cylinder $3,068.49

** Power Top/Glass Backlite

** Knitted Vinyl Seat Trim

** Molded Door Trim Panels

** Rocker & Wheel Lip Moldings

** Deluxe Two Spoke Steering Wheel

ADDITIONAL COST FACTORY OPTIONS

* Gold Glow Color-Glow Paint $34.90

* 351 CID 4V $115.40 (Q CODE ENGINE)

* Black Power Convertable Top $0

* Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic $203.73

* Traction-Loc Diff $42.64

* F60x15 Wide Oval Tires $90.96

* Power Steering $62.05

* Power Front Disc Brakes $62.05

* Air Conditioner Selectaire $367.59

* AM/FM Stereo Radio $191.01

* Protection Package $52.06

* Tinted Glass $13.52

* Power Side Windows $113.48

* Magnum 500 Chrome Wheels $138.67

* Competition Suspension $ 28.19

COMPLETE DOCUMENTATION INCLUDES

* Copy of Original Title/Original Window Sticker/Original Gate Release & Accounting Copy

*Build Tag (metal) on Radiator/Core Support

* Vehicle Certification Label (decal) on Drivers Door; BODY 76D (Conv) COLOR 6F (Gold Glow) TRIM CA (Black Knitted Vinyl) TRANS U ( C-6) AXLE R (3:25 Locking) DSO 52 (Dallas)

* Owners Manual, AM/FM Stereo Radio Manual

* Warranty Facts Booklet, OwnersCard (like GM's Protect-o-plate)

* Consumer Information VIN Specfic, Sun Visor Starting Instructions

I saw this Mustang sitting parked outside a townhouse community in the late 70's while going to college. I stopped and put a note under the wiper that said "if you ever want to sell call me", he called and I finally bought it from the original owner in the early 80's. It had 130K miles when I bought it. The original owner drove back and forth from to Texas I restored the body in 1987, had normal lower rear 1/4 rust, I put new N.O.S. factory correct full conv 1/4's on. No other rust...ever. I did change the color from 6F Gold Glow to 2B Bright Red. The interior is all original and perfect, (replaced the carpet with N.O.S.). The car has been garage kept since I bought it. I have everypiece of original paperwork/documentation on this Mustang. The car was shown at several MCA meets in the 80's with high scores. I was heavy into Shelby Mustangs and finally just put the car away, driving it occasionally to cruise-ins. The original engine has never been out of the car. The carb, intake, heads, block, alt, starter, even the paint with the OK stamp on one valve cover is original. I removed the heads last summer because right exhaust manifold was cracked (common failure). Replaced both exhaust manifolds with correct/dated used N.O.S. parts from Ebay, freshen both heads, didn't need it but they were off. New pushrods and lifters, cam specs were right-on. The original C6 transmission was gone though in 1990. All 4 magnum 500 are original D1OA-1007-AA with the factory orange paint dot on the inside rim edge. The tires are Goodyear Eagle VR60 Radials P225/60VR15. ALL NUMBERS MATCH AND ARE ORIGINAL TO THIS CAR. Car now has 141K runs great, always did, everything on this Mustang works. Currently just rebuilt the original carburator, replaced fuel pump with correct Carter, replaced the orignal dual exhaust system from the original H pipe back, all original and correct muffler/pipe hangers are in place. Maybe you really want a Shelby Mustang and the prices at Barrrett-Jackson or Mecum Auctions are too high, you should consider this Mustang. The prices on the these late model 1971-1973 Mustangs have finally been rising and it's time for a new owner to enjoy this one.

3kb3pf3oaZZZZZZZZZ95n99c86d7b0f441c3e.jpg
3ne3p83l3ZZZZZZZZZ95n6763e48531ed1e53.jpg

3n53kd3maZZZZZZZZZ95n5e97be700dc61862.jpg
3kd3o43lcZZZZZZZZZ95n42fdebeed5d01575.jpg

Drat...but if my bids always get those pretty gals curling their fingers for me to come closer, I'll take it!

Everyone gets lucky once in awhile.........take it the way you wish :naug

Back