• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Twin Turbo 65 Coupe

Bathurst ! Yeh , I saw alot of vids on youtube . Man , they drive their classics to and over the limits !!
You hear in the onboard camera the engine revs up when going full speed over that " bump" after the first corner !!
And then full speed into that righthander ! Love it . Gives me goosebumps !!

I'm sorry but that is one ugly interior. Colors don't work, design is way too "soft" and the dash layout... To be fair, it looks like an older build. That wheel and radio are 90's elements. I do like the exterior stance and color. Also, I tend to be unfairly judgmental. Just ask my wife.

Instrument panels are one of the most difficult to design and build. Most 'builders' skip this effort and just put in a flat panel if they choose to not use the manufacturer's design. Early super cars also did not bother to actually design a panel. Many a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus have such plain panels. But I think they were trying to emulate race cars of the day in their minimalist design. Even though this guy's car is a great build I think he should have kept the Mustang dash and upgraded it with materials rather than try a completely different one.

Design is just as much a skill set as welding or any other function one employs in building a custom car. I have seen the work of countless highly skilled builders who also can't figure out what two colors look good together. On top of that, one guys "perfect look" can be found to be an abomination by another. Each has their own taste. The closer you get to that design edge the more likely you are to get cut. Case in point with this interior. I don't think there is a middle ground on the color, for example. You like it or hate it. The one thing that certainly doesn't work for me in this one is the "poofiness" of everything. It looks like you'd be riding around sitting on and touching pillows everywhere. Sinking gauges into a padded dash face is just a bad look, to me. For myself, a design aesthetic that features both soft and hard surfaces, varying materials and appropriate uses of color and/or texture contrast are what makes something look "good". Think of what a modern high end car dash/interior looks like, for example.

Back