• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Unisteer R&P

red70fastback

Manual R&P for 65-66 or 67-70 Mustang. I had it installed on my 70 but not willing to go thru the headaches to modify for an FE. 0 miles (like my 70). Going back to stock setup so I'd like to get this out of here. Paid $875 sell it $650 and shipping. Here's the link to info on the product. Let me nkow if you have any questions

http://www.unisteer.com/mm5/merchant.mv ... D+MST68-70

Thanks

Larry

SOLD

yeah, just too big a PIA for me. I found a complete steering column for $50 and already have all new components ordered. At least this way my FE will fit without having to take a BFH to parts. Get your Saleen home yet?

While I did have it installed I never really went through and totally adjusted it knowing that I'd have to change out parts to fit in my FE. Heck I still don't even have front wheels and tires yet. Sorry for not being able to add much more. Just didn't fit my application and need to move on with the project, it's draggin' ass as it is

Why won't it fit the FE? Just curious as I have considered a R&P for my 67 but I have the huge 429 in there. I'm currently putting stock PS on the car from a 68 because this thing is a beast to park.
Thanks

They sell a kit, additional $$ of course, but they don't provide any information, documentation or tech support. I basically just got tired of fu*&ing around with them and pulled it out. They swore they had the same unit installed on a Mustang with a 429 but couldn't/wouldn't provide any information. I tried calling and emailing for near 2 months and just said screw it and them and pulled it out. From the looks of it when I did have it installed it'd be Ok for a SBF. I did hear from guys on another forum that had it installed with an FE. I think he had to go the BFH route with at least one of the tubes on his DS header.

Back