• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Upper Console trade?

S8NS 289

There is a guy locally who has a 67 coupe overhead console original, What is it worth from great condition to usable condition, he wants my rally pac thats missing the clock, but told me it's worth 50$ I really want the overhead so i'm wondering if i should trade the pac and give him money to boot?? :shrug
S1050054.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are worth 50 to 100. If it is the correct color and the vinyl does not have any cracks. I would do it.

thanks janschutz, I'm going to look at it tommorrow. I will probably have to make my own brackets though, but now i know not to give over 100$ for it, Thanks again!I'll put some pics up if i get it.

thanks guys! i dont have to make a bracket YES!!, i'll take the Camera along seems the guy has a couple mustangs including a K code hes making into a shelby clone :wtf and some other projects and his words were "warehouse" of parts :confu---AND later TODAY im looking at an accident barn find I found taking dirt roads for fun-a pastel blue 69 mach 1 I will put pics of that up as well! wish me luck....

An OEM Rally-Pac in the condition you present is worth $3-400.

I just bought a Red 66 hi-po gt convertiable, and I'm looking for engine parts. If this guy has anything for sell let me know. Rich.

"Midlife" said:
An OEM Rally-Pac in the condition you present is worth $3-400.

There's one in about the same condition and missing the clock that's been on ebay for a good while now and he's dropped the price down to a $195 BIN from around $250 when I first saw it.

As far as the upper console goes, there's a few things to check. Obviously make sure that the base itself is in good shape and not all stretched out, misshapen or cracked. Make sure the switches for the lights work well. The last overhead console I had had some issues with the switches working when you pushed them. Check for pitting on the lights, switches and that brushed aluminum insert piece. Also check the overall condition of that brushed aluminum insert piece because I recall them being fairly expensive to get a replacement. As long as you're happy with the deal, then go with it!

Well he did not want to trade even up so i gave him 100$ for the upper console/bracket and saved my rally pac he would only go 50$, He wasn't kidding when he said warehouse of parts there was a huge variety of parts and some nice restorations goin on a 70 boss 302 coral with Red interior?,galaxie 500 w/429CJ, I also learned you could get a shaker scoop in white! he had one NOS in box, Lots of 67-68 parts and a very nice guy to do business with :thu rich which parts did you need i will ask him.

S1050061.jpg

S1050064.jpg

S1050062.jpg

S1050063.jpg

S1050065.jpg

S1050066.jpg

and my console, i can see one dent in the back the base is in pretty good shape i'll get it cleaned up and lookin good thanks for the advise everyone. :steer
S1050068.jpg

S1050069.jpg

S1050071.jpg

Looks like a good find.
Where is this guy located? I may have to go check out his stash.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

He is in Menominee,WI i think he bought alot of stuff from Ford Man's Mustang they were in Adams Friendship WI, they sold out when i was on the road in Texas :char all the parts went cheap at an auction :rant my brother picked up some cheap 70 parts for his Mach 1.

"S8NS 289" said:
Well he did not want to trade even up so i gave him 100$ for the upper console/bracket and saved my rally pac he would only go 50$, He wasn't kidding when he said warehouse of parts there was a huge variety of parts and some nice restorations goin on a 70 boss 302 coral with Red interior?,galaxie 500 w/429CJ, I also learned you could get a shaker scoop in white! he had one NOS in box, Lots of 67-68 parts and a very nice guy to do business with :thu rich which parts did you need i will ask him.

S1050061.jpg

S1050064.jpg

S1050062.jpg

S1050063.jpg

S1050065.jpg

S1050066.jpg

I'm looking for a set of Hi-Po heads, my build date is June 7 1966, need a distributor, and a carb plus the intake. Thanks, Rich.

I cleaned and polished the aluminum w/Bluemagic, i dont know how to install it :shrug..My headliner is in the car I have the bracket and see where it assembles on the console in the front so should i cut the headliner?? and do i have to route a wire to the lights or use the dome light wiring somehow?
S1050079.jpg

There is a green wire with a yellow stripe to supply power to the map lights. The connector located where the passenger quarter window is. You need to run a wire from there up the B pillar and to the Map lights. The rear screws unto the rear roof brace and needs to be drilled. The front bracket crews into the front windshield brace. This is all possible with the headliner in but is easier with it out.

How long is the wire on the console? Can it just reach to the connector at the existing dome light?

There are two divots at the rear just above the rear window where you'll drill for the rear screws. I don't remember what the front looks like. I have a picture at home of the rear divots. I'll post it later if no one else beats me to it.

Frank

The green and yellow wire is on the overhead console it is long enough to reach the dome light, the only wire i see in the quarter panel area is a blue? and black stripe wire with a female end?? I can feel the dents on the back roof brace :thu i have a good idea of how the front should go in... but as i just took out my dome light the headliner came crashing down w/mouse nests :rant :barf1 Sooo...Is there anyway to put a headliner in w/o taking out the new glass/weatherstripping??

I have an overhead console and the front bracket, but after my wife did such a nice job on the headliner install (Twice in fact), I haven't had the courage to attempt the install. I will be watching yours closely.... :part

Back