• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

VDOT hates me.....

A

Anonymous

Alright, different year same story. Last night we had a dusting of light snow and every bit of one inch. The last few days it had been in the mid 50's to the low 60's and the ground is very warm. So I wake up this AM about 5:30 and take a look outside to see if anything was on the roads so I would know if I needed to take my daughter to school and all I seen was wet road, no snow what so ever. As I'm in the kitchen fixing breakfast I hear a god awful scraping sound moving in front of the house. It sounded like someone was dragging a steel drain pipe down the road. I then ran to the window and see "what" was making such a racket that early in the morning and low and behold, there was a VDOT truck with it's blade down scraping the road and spreading it's gravel. I thinking WTF, "what is this dumbass scraping," not only was there sparks flying from his blade, he was covering the road with gravel? I can only wish I had the sense to grab the video camera insted of standing there and cussing him through the window. Now, if the weather breaks and it gets nice out, which it supposed to, my cars will still be grounded due to ALL THE FUCKING ROCKS ON THE ROAD. I'm going to give them a call this morning and raise hell. I know it's pointless, but at least I'll get a kick out of it.

A

Anonymous

Oh it just got better. On my way to town I seen these pricks stopped with the damn gravel about 30 yards from my drive at the intersection. Coming up the steep hill (where one would think the gravel is needed) was clean. :wtf Proof that when you drive a snow truck you must not smoke crack.

RyanG85

They do that all the time here in NY except they use highly corrosive salt! @$SHOLES

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

We get the best of both here, salt mixed with gravel. My drive has several salt pops in the concrete near the road.