• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Video: 65 Coupe, open headers

DEL65

Of The Morons
Hi, beefed up 289, T5. I just replaced my Hooker long tubes JBA shorty headers and took my car for a spin. Hope you all like it. Thank you SAC69 for the assist with the swap and taking the video.

Nothing like open headers to rock the world. My vert has custom tri-Ys since I rebuilt it with GT40P heads. After the rebuild I went out to my shop on a Saturday and rolled the Mustang out in back and cranked it up to break the cam in. Unfortunately a new tenant in the business center who was about three spaces down from me was in the wine business and he was having a tasting in the back of his shop with his roll up door open. Suddenly I see all these people with stem ware and paper plates walking out to see who was making all that noise. I couldn't shut down for at least 20 minutes once I'd started the break-in and I had to keep the engine revving at varying levels to insure the rings seated, producing additional racket. It was a very awkward apology that I offered up on Monday morning. IIRC it involved me buying a case of wine that I really didn't want and couldn't afford.

Personally, I wouldn't have apologized.

Last I checked it is a partially free country.

Let it rock!

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Nothing like open headers to rock the world. My vert has custom tri-Ys since I rebuilt it with GT40P heads. After the rebuild I went out to my shop on a Saturday and rolled the Mustang out in back and cranked it up to break the cam in. Unfortunately a new tenant in the business center who was about three spaces down from me was in the wine business and he was having a tasting in the back of his shop with his roll up door open. Suddenly I see all these people with stem ware and paper plates walking out to see who was making all that noise. I couldn't shut down for at least 20 minutes once I'd started the break-in and I had to keep the engine revving at varying levels to insure the rings seated, producing additional racket. It was a very awkward apology that I offered up on Monday morning. IIRC it involved me buying a case of wine that I really didn't want and couldn't afford.

I remember a long time ago there was a kid on the VMF who broke in his cam with open headers at 1AM in the morning at his father's condo.

Back