• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wanna start a 70' fastback restomod

Re: Re: Wanna start a 70' fastback restomod

"70 StangMan" said:
What you are not seeing is a apparently intact 1969 Mustang that a lot of people would love to have. It's just my .02, but if it were wrecked in the front and you had to replace everything anyway and really wanted the '70 front...why not? But to, IMO, basterdize a perfectly good '69 is just painful to think about. I know,I know .."it's your car so do what you want with it" I'm just sayin'. :wtf

+1 I would have to agree with you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

"70 StangMan" said:
What you are not seeing is a apparently intact 1969 Mustang that a lot of people would love to have. It's just my .02, but if it were wrecked in the front and you had to replace everything anyway and really wanted the '70 front...why not? But to, IMO, basterdize a perfectly good '69 is just painful to think about. I know,I know .."it's your car so do what you want with it" I'm just sayin'. :wtf

+2 says my metal family.

I understand what ur saying. I was wondering if it's possible. For the sake of keeping it look like the car it was designed as I would keep it the same, not to mention the front on that typical one is in good shape why spend money on that anyways. I guess I'll try for $8k and see if he goes for it.

"Spetsnaz" said:
I understand what ur saying. I was wondering if it's possible. For the sake of keeping it look like the car it was designed as I would keep it the same, not to mention the front on that typical one is in good shape why spend money on that anyways. I guess I'll try for $8k and see if he goes for it.
Good Luck. :thu Let us know how it goes.

"Spetsnaz" said:
I understand what ur saying. I was wondering if it's possible.

It's definitely possible, just switching around of the right parts.

BTW, did you check that the dash vin plate matches the driver door plate? Check the body code on the door plate, if it's a 63A it's originally a regular Mustang, if it's a 63C, then it's a Mach One. The hood scoop, ft and rr spoilers are some clues, but a Mach would not have the Mustang script on the fenders.

Also, the Cleveland was supposed to start in '70, 69 should have the Windsor, but there are reportedly a few cases where some 70's have a W and some 69's have a C. Count the valve cover bolts, if 6 it's a W, if 8 it's a C.

Post what the engine code shows on he data plate or the 5th digit of the vin.

Go here for a decoder:

http://www.mustangdecoder.com/

It's definitely possible to swap front ends between a 69 and 70.

Most of the differences are in the sheetmetal. To do it right the core support should be replaced also.

There are some minor differences between the two.

"SAC69" said:
Also, the Cleveland was supposed to start in '70, 69 should have the Windsor, but there are reportedly a few cases where some 70's have a W and some 69's have a C. Count the valve cover bolts, if 6 it's a W, if 8 it's a C.

Post what the engine code shows on he data plate or the 5th digit of the vin.

I bet it's a 351W. Plenty of novices out there think every Mustang out there came with a Cleveland. Lots of people claim their 69 came with a Cleveland, but I have never seen once piece of evidence to support the claim. I would LOVE to see proof that a 69 came with a Cleveland! I get excited to finally be able to prove it was possible and then nothing... no pics, can't remember the VIN number, no paperwork, etc. It would be so cool to prove this!!

Im gonna try to get more photos of the car and engine in a day or so. Also check the vin# and really look at hidden spots for rust

Back