• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Want a brand NEW '69 Boss?

Gorgeous cars....but the price tag is a bit too high. I could build the same car for quite a bit less....albeit my labor is free! I wonder how many of these cars they actually sell. I can't imagine that they will ever appreciate, most likely the value would drop like a rock due to them not being "real".

sorry but if you are going to recreate the boss 302, then you should be using the original style boss 302 engine, and not a new coyote. and with the boss 429, it should be a 429ci engine with the boss heads, and not a 514ci engine with the boss heads.

Angry purists! lol

The guys in the market to purchase these could care less about staying true to original. They have the money to burn and are better served with modern, reliability for those occasions when they actually start and drive them. I'd rather guys like that go this route than waste an original in their possession.

Angry purists! lol

The guys in the market to purchase these could care less about staying true to original. They have the money to burn and are better served with modern, reliability for those occasions when they actually start and drive them. I'd rather guys like that go this route than waste an original in their possession.

You nailed it.

the Boss 429 Heads flow so much they really need to be more than 429 cubes. It's one reason the Boss 429 wasn't a good street car. I read a lot on the Kaase heads. He even has wedge heads like the SCJ called P51 heads that are kind of wasted on less than 500 cubes. Even my 502 is going to be a "mild" build by most big block standards the the non SCJ style ports will support in excess of 600hp. And from the outside you can't tell the difference between a 514 and 429. Now a Coyote might be a better street engine than a Boss 302 but looks nothing like a Boss 302.

Back