• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

wanted: 65 66 fender extension/headlight bucket

napaguy

I need a passenger side oem 65 66 fender extension/headlight bucket. This is the part that bolts to the fender with four bolts. Must be crack free. TIA

Google C & S Automotive in Winston Salem NC If you don't get any hits call and ask for A.C. This guy has enough parts to build probably 5 cars. Good luck

Pat,
I'll call Packy at our local Mustang wrecking yard and let you know price and availability.
I assume you are referring to the extension?

65-66 use a headlight bucket and a headlight door.

From his initial post, I gathered he was looking for the bucket... that bolts to the fender.... and usually has small cracks.

The door screws onto the bucket.

Yes I am looking for the extension that bolts to the fender itself with four bolts. This is the piece that usually is cracked at the long thin part at the top corner. Thanks guys

Yes, as per the Mustang catalogs, the headlamp door is the exterior painted extension. I'll inquire locally for you.

Pat,
It's available locally for $30. Let me know if you want me to pick one up for you.

30$ with no cracks? Holy crap its sold. What do I need to do? Thanks Craig!!!! I dont care what Duane says about you and your "trimmed bush" your ok by me

After I have a cracked crab lunch (caught by my wife just hours ago) with George the painter, I will go to Packy's and look at his extensions.......hmmmm, that don't sound right.

Yes, he said no cracks and honestly with paint covering it, I might not see what underneath, so you need to understand. If I get one, it will be because I couldn't find any cracks. PM me your phone number in case I need to call you.

Craig,

Yes, he said no cracks and honestly with paint covering it, I might not see what underneath, so you need to understand. If I get one, it will be because I couldn't find any cracks.

"see whats underneath"... underneath what?

Are you sure you're talking about the same piece Pat is? Pat needs the headlight "bucket". The bucket is made of "pot metal" and BOLTS to the front of the fender. The "door" screws onto the bucket and rarely are these pieces broken/bad. The buckets are notorious for cracking at the thin upper edges and actually seperate the cracks are usually so bad. With the "door" screwed onto the bucket in it's installed position, you can't tell if the bucket is broken or not.... you have to unscrew and remove the door in order to inspect the bucket. I got 2 pairs of buckets with my '66 FB and all four pieces were broken in some way/shape/form. One pair so badly that I just tossed them.

Remember, "the biggest danger in communication is the illusion that it occurred". I've read that somewhere...

Back