• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wanted: 65/66 Original AM radio

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Looking to get my hands on an original 65/66 AM radio to fill the hole in my dash. Whether it works is not the primary concern. I'm more interested in finding one with very nice chrome and overall appearance as I'm looking to get it gutted and modernized anyway.

"Kats66Pny" said:
Where do you send it to gut it and get it modernized? :confu
I did a quick Google the other day and found a couple places but I didn't save any info on it. By the time you're done and include the ability to plug in a MP3 it looks to run close to $400 with shipping back and forth. Not cheap but for AM/FM and MP3 coming out of a stock looking radio it's pretty cool. At least to me.

I was going to keep the original radio in the dash (after I replaced the chrome knobs - they're pitted) even though it doesn't work just because I want to keep something classic and original looking. A piece of history. I was going to hide an aftermarket radio in the glove box or build a custom console and hide it because I want the ability to hook up my iphone and listen to my music. Yeah sure I could get one of those aftermarket ones that fits in the hole, and would be cheaper... but it wouldn't be an original radio!

I had one of the aftermarket ones made to fit the dash years ago. It was crap. My present car came with one of the same as well. Everything I have read says they are still crap. Plus they are ugly in comparison to the originals. Save your pennies and convert your original.

Back