• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Went to my first football game at ISU

A

Anonymous

Been to many a game in the "Swamp" and a few at K-State, but nothing could've prepared me for a game in Ames.
First off, Jack Trice Stadium is a very nice venue to watch a football game. There are NO bad seats and no nose bleed seats (read: small stadium).
The place was filled close to capacity.
null_zpsaca1ea7d.jpg

What really freaked us out was how quiet it was throughout the game. I mean, the loudest times were on 3rd down for the opposing team and even then it wasn't as loud as the Swamp when empty! The best part of the night was catching the bus in front of the apartment, getting dropped off at the stadium and then taking the bus back home. Cost us a whopping $5 to get to and from the game. No parking hassles and no dealing with traffic, that was awesome!

Maybe city living isn't quite all that bad :whis

Just wait until there is a big upset win, the student body rushes the field, pull down the goal posts and carry them out of the stadium and down Lincoln Way... In the early-to-mid 90's, wins were hard to come by so we were probably a little over-enthusiastic when a win came our way.

Too bad they lost the game Saturday but we will have an extra week to prepare to BEAT IOWA!

"One_fast67" said:
Just wait until there is a big upset win, the student body rushes the field, pull down the goal posts and carry them out of the stadium and down Lincoln Way... In the early-to-mid 90's, wins were hard to come by so we were probably a little over-enthusiastic when a win came our way.

Too bad they lost the game Saturday but we will have an extra week to prepare to BEAT IOWA!

Brad, do you live in the Ames area?

"silverblueBP" said:
Brad, do you live in the Ames area?

Unfortunately, not any more. I'm in south central Minnesota now. I lived in Ames (and the surrounding area) for about 5 years while attending ISU. My wife and I try to get back every so often. Last time was earlier this summer when we toured campus with my oldest daughter that is graduating high school this year. Depending on what is going on, we might head down for VEISHEA in the spring.

"BobV" said:
"KBMWRS" said:
They shot the cheerleaders? That's just wrong.
Where do you think pork chops come from? :hmm - Iowa State Cheerleaders. :yah
And Kansas City Steaks come from U. Kansas Jayhawk Cheerleaders.

Back