• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What a birthday....

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
Well, for starters I had to go to work today. I did have a great day at work. I did not get the amount of sales dollars they want, but I did get over $200 per invoice which is very impressive! So I left work very happy! Even after having network issues trying to close out the day. I decided to get a neilson's frozen yogurt thingy, which anyone familiar with St. George know it is simply awesome!

Then went to get on the freeway, had a couple slow pokes in front of me, so I put the pedal to the metal and went through the gears. Hit third gear at about 4500 rpm and bam, antifreeze all over the windshield!
1- I can't see anymore and
2- I had to shut down and coast to a stop in a safe spot.

I opened the hood and started to check the hoses. I found the top radiator hose had come off the thermostat housing.

Wouldn't you know it, I didn't have any tools or any extra water.

So, I called a friend from work and he came to my rescue. put the hose back on put water in it and off I went to the gas station to wash the windshield.

Finally got home at 10PM.

What a day!

Mel

To bad....is that a chrome thermostat housing by chance? They can do that a lot.

Back