• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What are these brackets for?

2_22_05_09_4_23_09_0.JPG

I think the bottom two are for the rear valance trim pieces Those two things that go on either side of the license plate? The other two I think go on the radiator support, but I cant figure out where or why I need them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a "before" picture with the brackets. Still not sure what they are for though. Didnt seem like anything was missing when we put the front back on.

2_25_05_09_9_54_20_0.JPG

Those three brackets in the front are for supporting the stone deflector (the piece usually painted body color) between the front bumper and the grill trim. The other two are for the rear bumper guards.

"Fast68back" said:
Found a "before" picture with the brackets. Still not sure what they are for though. Didnt seem like anything was missing when we put the front back on.

2_25_05_09_9_54_20_0.JPG

"JeffTepper" said:
Those three brackets in the front are for supporting the stone deflector (the piece usually painted body color) between the front bumper and the grill trim.

Rick ▬▬▬▬▬▬► :headac :doh

Nah, it didnt really seem as if there was anything missing, but when the car does get home I think I can get them in there without taking everything apart, if not they may not go back on. I think they may actually support the headlight buckets, that piece behind the bumper bolts to the buckets as well. Maybe it supports them both.

"Fast68back" said:

2_25_05_09_9_54_20_0.JPG

My extensive knowledge and experience is that those brackets are there to cause severe shin damage and pain, particularly when the car is disassembled. Ford made that design to inflict pain on competitive manufacturers who disassembled the car for finding Ford's trade secrets.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I could have told you!

Darn, I could have told you where those brackets went! I could have finally contributed some information!! But nooooo! :rofl
dne'

"JeffTepper" said:
Those three brackets in the front are for supporting the stone deflector (the piece usually painted body color) between the front bumper and the grill trim. The other two are for the rear bumper guards.

Didn't I ask you if you had more brackets when we put the stone guard on and it had those extra holes in it?

"Sluggo" said:
Didn't I ask you if you had more brackets when we put the stone guard on and it had those extra holes in it?

I think I went to look and when I got back you had the front nose on already, for the second time........ I think I recall you tossing those extra bolts and C clips saying "we dont need these"

Back