• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What are you winter Mustang plans?

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Looking outside with the leaves falling, temps dropping, I think you non Californians need to start thinking about putting your Mustangs away for the winter and starting thinking about what your winter plans are for the car.

Me? New brake pads/shoes for Red. Activate Shag's cigarette lighter so I can charge my Iphone during the big drives. Help Crustycurmudgeon with his battery apron. Help KBMWRS with his instrumentation and fuel sending unit issues.

What are your Mustang plans?

Prod the youngest to finish college this year so I can free up funds for the car.

I don't have any major plans...most of what I want to do to her is done, except getting her paint. So, I'm just gonna drive mine all winter.

73 Vert:

1) Install Holley Pro-Jection Fuel injection system.

2) Build custom center console.

3) Pull and Rebuild Transmission.

I am going to take some vacation time soon and finish my efi install. It will not spend another summer in the garage! I miss driving the old rust bucket.

I may start tearing down my old engine just to get a look at whether its worth rebuilding.

Hopefully relocate to a new house, with a shop or barn, so I don't have to fight the wife for garage space. Having to move her car, and a bunch of crap, just to work in it is getting old.

65- Hopefully have it in paint before it gets too cold.
69- Hopefully find all the missing parts for the 351 to 428CJ conversion and get it installed.
Got a line on a 68 Fastback... Hopefully can secure that deal.

Notice the use of word hopefully...... With the work on the house, the busy business, a wild 20 month old and the talk of a second kid..... Hope is all I have...

Try to keep ahead of the issues, currently things are breaking faster than I can fix them and drive them all winter long.

I would like to get the Mustangs to fear headliner if things would keep from braking and to absorb my whole Mustang fund.

I plan on cutting the front coils a little to drop the front end down about an inch. The other year I installed the roller perches and it seems that the front end raised up about an 1 1/2 inches as a result. I don't like the Jake rack so I will lower the front a bit. I may put new rear leafs in also but I want to get some input from others before I purchase the springs.

I have lots of lofty dreams but the only thing I will commit to in writing is to pull the trans out of the 93 and rebuild it or replace it (something broke big time inside!).

If I were smart I'd sell all the other projects I have and spend it on my 67 putting in AC, PS, nicer seats and and over drive...
but I haven't been accused of being smart when it comes to my cars!

I hope to complete a Autometer instrument cluster for the fastback.
( hope that Midlife will help me )
Installing that inertia switch for my electric fuel pump
Finish that interior .

Finish up on the "Awe-D-vert". Just made that up, sounds pretty good, that is, provided I have room to work (over stuffed garage).

Change out a courtesy light that is causing a short. Other than that nothing. All my focus will be on my Volvo project. That will be new firewall, trans tunnel and mini tub. Got to get it ready for a V8. :)

i guess my plans will consist of rolling up the driver's side window to keep more dust from getting inside while it sits idle in the cornewr of the shop. had hped to find time to paint it over the winter, but with the mrs still off work healing up from the latest surgery, "me" time (& money) is non existent...

"B67FSTB" said:
I hope to complete a Autometer instrument cluster for the fastback.
( hope that Midlife will help me )
Installing that inertia switch for my electric fuel pump
Finish that interior .

Be very careful with Mid helping. You never know when the curse will attach itself to your car!

Back