• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What do you use to hold your heater hoses in place?

Dne'

My heater hoses are just kind of hanging right now, what are ya'll using to hold your heater hoses in place? When they get warmed up, they start sagging down towards the headers.
dne'

aheaterhose.jpg

I have a bracket that I bought years ago from a local speed shop on my '66. It attaches to the lower, center valve cover bolt and the heater hoses rest in it. I have them wire-tied together so they will stay together and sit in the bracket.

I don't like the looks of a wire tie over my export brace.

Here's a pic although it's a little hard to see. The bracket is kind of a red anodized bracket. I would have preferred a blue bracket, but they only had red.
engine_66_2.jpg

My eventual plan on Scary, is to use the 5.0 hard line heater hoses to clean things up. Those heater hoses are the ugliest thing of any Ford engine bay.

thanks ya'll! I had seen some things on Ebay, but I'd have to drill a hole in my shock tower. I forgot about my export brace! lol It hasn't been on the car since I've owned it, I'm just not ready to install it at this time. I like the idea of a bracket coming from my valve cover. Thanks for the input!
dne'

Mine lays on the intake but has a bracket on the carb to keep one of them from flopping around.

That bracket on the carb is most likely to keep one hose against the choke spring so it opens the choke as the coolant warms up.

Mine lay on the intake/valve cover too.

Since my stang has the aftermarket Classic AC system, the heater core isn't in the same spot on the firewall as the stock heater core, so mine hoses do not run along side of the carburetor. I do have the heater control valve inline as seen in the photo Tarafied, so that's just not hooked up yet. I saw some hose holders on ebay, most were on early model cars and required a hole in the apron, or in my case, the shock tower. I guess one small hole would be OK?? But the one coming from a valve cover bolt would work~ just have to locate one, I'll check with Summit.(back to the TV!!)
aheaterhose.jpg

[/quote]

Did you close in the factory hole that was at the top of the shock tower center? can't see it as your hoses are in front of it. Seen here at the top of the '^' section of shock tower:
IMG_0716.jpg

Jon

Thanks Jon! I forgot about that hole! I'll see what I can make utilizing that hole~ thanks!
dne'

"Jonk67" said:
Did you close in the factory hole that was at the top of the shock tower center? can't see it as your hoses are in front of it. Seen here at the top of the '^' section of shock tower:
IMG_0716.jpg

Jon

"AzPete" said:
That bracket on the carb is most likely to keep one hose against the choke spring so it opens the choke as the coolant warms up.

I suspect that you are correct. It is factory. The other thing is that I still have Calif smog, could be a component of that.

I was thinking, use something clean like this:

bsp-68320_w.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSP-68320/

paint it engine bay color or black or just leave it billet to match the VC. Get a longer screw, run it from the tire side through that hole into the clamp (may need a sleeve for the bolt for how much bigger that stock hole is) and snug it up against the shock tower with a nylon washer to protect paint. The screw will need to be just the right length, you can cut to fit or use washers on the tire side to get it just right.

You'd have a smooth install that would stay put and no screws showing, just the hoses pulled up against the tower with the smooth billet.
Jon

gosh Jon, you're really coming up with some neat stuff! I'll order that piece from Summit; it's only like 11ish bucks! it will go well with my engine compartment! thanks!!!
dne'

"Jonk67" said:
I was thinking, use something clean like this:

bsp-68320_w.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSP-68320/

paint it engine bay color or black or just leave it billet to match the VC. Get a longer screw, run it from the tire side through that hole into the clamp (may need a sleeve for the bolt for how much bigger that stock hole is) and snug it up against the shock tower with a nylon washer to protect paint. The screw will need to be just the right length, you can cut to fit or use washers on the tire side to get it just right.

You'd have a smooth install that would stay put and no screws showing, just the hoses pulled up against the tower with the smooth billet.
Jon

Back